RECIPE! - strawberry peach fro-yo!
this is my first ice cream maker success! it took a bunch of tweaking so this recipe is full of approximations, but that is the fun of having an ice cream maker - whatever you put into it will freeze into SOMETHING!
to make this fro-yo you’ll need:
- 2ish cups of plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 ripe peaches (i used 1 peach and 1 nectarine)
- about half of a pint of strawberries maybe 15 or so?
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- a splash of vodka (this keeps it from getting icy in the freezer)
- a teaspoon or so of GOOD vanilla extract
- the juice of 1 lime
then follow these instructions:
- peel and chunk up your fruit and put it into your blender.
- add the sugar, honey, vanilla, lime juice, and vodka to the blender and pulse till smooth.
- add the 2 cups of yogurt to the blender and pulse till combined evenly.
- put the mixture into your ice cream maker however it says you should! mix till thick and creamy and then enjoy! (or freeze it a bit first after it’s ice cream and then enjoy! or both!)
like i said this recipe is not perfect in any way - i think the important thing is to have about a cup of sweetened fruit puree and 2 cups of yogurt. i think that’s a good ratio : )